Adobe Lightroom photo editor
At the moment with the exponential advance of the technology and the incursion of the famous “filters”, the work of a digital photographer has become more complicated. It is difficult to choose a photo editor that suits the needs of each project, due to the multitude of editors available in the market.
We will talk about Adobe Lightroom, considered one of the best programs to edit photos.
What is Adobe Lightroom, what is it for?
If you are looking for a complete program for digital photo editing, you certainly have to try Adobe Lightroom CC, a powerful photo editor software for PC, developed for this purpose.
Thanks to Lightroom, you will have at your disposal the necessary tools to deal with digital photos or images, and to be able to perform all the common tasks of a digital photographer, from the import of images and the development of the RAW, until the final finishing of them, in an orderly and effective way.
As it was developed thinking about all the workflow involved in image editing, it allows working with large amounts of images at the same time, it is divided into modules to improve user performance, each of the stages for the image processing, this would be:
- Library: here we will organize the images and manage them by keywords or according to their reference obtained from the GPS data
- Reveal: where are all the tools for editing and retouching.
- Presentation: the photographs will be shown on a kind of slide.
- Printing and Web: it is almost unnecessary to explain more about these tools, we can modify the printing options or publish them on the Internet in case we have our own blog.
Adobe Lightroom Tools
The latest version, Adobe Lightroom CC 2020, offers us fundamental functions for editing, whose characteristics have been polished throughout its trajectory. These focus on colors, exposure, density, among others. Among the highlights, it includes:
- White balance: when this option is optimally configured, it gives a professional touch to the image. With Lightroom, we can modify this option as we wish or simply, let the application adjust it automatically.
- Color and tones improvement: it gives us the possibility to modify the tone and color adjustments, as we wish, until we find a nice image. This includes: contrast, exposure, shadows, lights, clarity, saturation and intensity.
- Elimination of red eyes: Lightroom himself is responsible for detecting this evil, and correcting it.
- Noise reduction: For this you need to work in RAW format and touch very delicate options, if it is modified in a bad way it can make a photograph resemble a simple painting than a photo.
It also brings several predetermined effects to give another life to the photo, or a point from where to start editing, until perfect. In addition, we can select, straighten or crop our images and even modify the size or aspect ratio of the image depending on the use that will be given.
It should be noted that all these adjustments can be applied to different photographs at the same time to achieve similar results in a large number of images.
It should also be noted that it facilitates the creation of photo books that we can export in PDF format for digital use or to send to a print service provider.
Formats accepted by Adobe Lightroom
Until the latest version of the program, Adobe Lightroom supports the following types of files for development: CMYK, DNG, JPEG, PNG, PSD, RAW and TIFF.
You can also import the following video formats: AVI, MP4, MOV and AVCHD. From video files you can create images from a frame.
Minimum requirements of Lightroom
The highlight of the program is that a NASA computer may not be needed to run it. These are your requirements for the 2020 version:
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bits), the previous versions are compatible with Windows 7 and 8.
- Processor: Intel or AMD 2 GHz, compatible with 64 bits.
- RAM: 4 GB RAM, it is recommended to have 8 GB.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA, Intel or AMD compatible with DirectX 12 of 1 GB for monitors with 1080p resolution. 2 GB of VRAM for 4K and 5K resolutions.
- Hard Disk with 2 GB free space.
- Internet connection, it is necessary to activate the program and enjoy the Creative Cloud service.
Although it can work correctly on a low-end computer or even a simple laptop, with considerable performance. obviously it will work optimally in a more powerful team.
Adobe Lightroom CC price
After presenting all these features that the program includes, you have probably been excited and you will try the program yourself.
I regret to inform you that Adobe Lightroom is a payment program. However, you will have the opportunity to opt for a free 7-day trial, enjoying all the features of the program. Finally, if it convinces you completely, you will have different plans to enjoy the full service.
First, the 20 GB photo plan offers Lightroom, Photoshop, Adobe Spark, Portfolio, and 20 GB of cloud storage for € 12.09 / month. It should be noted that we can opt for the same plan by increasing cloud storage to 1 TB for € 24.19.
We also have the Lightroom plan that for € 12.09, we will get Lightroom plus 1 TB of storage, along with Adobe Spark and Adobe Portfolio (desirable tools for all Freelancer).
You can check the complete list of prices by visiting this link.
It will be your choice, if you choose to try Adobe Lightroom CC, remember that it is the photo editor most used by professional photographers.
It must be said that it is not the only program to edit photos, but it is certainly one of the most economical and the most complete in the market, its value for money is an aspect to reflect, considering you will have an application with the necessary tools to do your job, and you won't have to pay up to $ 699 for a similar one.